Tuesday 27 January 2009

Target Audience for Crime Films

Target Audience

The genre I have chosen for my film is a crime thriller. This genre of film often contains frequent action and mild, scary, action scenes, as well as violence. As a result and from carrying out research, I believe the main target audience for crime thriller films is fifteen plus specifically for horror films. A large majority of horror films often include a group of teenagers who have gotten themselves into trouble, hence the target audience being teenagers’ e.g. ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ ‘Jeepers Creepers’ and ‘Halloween’. Due to the central topics of a crime thriller, such as: murders and robberies I think the target audience should be adults, as the scenes featured in most crime thrillers are unsuitable for any person below the age of 18. The most commonly known crime thrillers include: The Departed, L.A Confidential, Seven, Reservoir Dogs and Silence of the Lambs, all of which classified as 18.
I do not think that crime thrillers are necessarily aimed at a particular gender, although I think males enjoy the more gory parts of a film along with the violent action scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment